HOME arrow Directory arrow Burial and Cremationarrow Crematoria

Directory

Penmount Crematorium

Address
Newquay Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 9AA
Telephone
01872 272871
Fax
01872 223634
E-mail
Website
https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/advice-and-benefits/deaths-funer...
Votes
0
Featured
No
Visited
3760
Penmount Crematorium
PENMOUNT CREMATORIUM is a publicly owned, self financed facility administered by a Joint Committee representing the four District Councils of Carrick, Kerrier,Penwith and Restormel. It is ideally situated two miles from the city centre of Truro on a secluded country estate of twenty-eight acres, eleven of which having been developed as Gardens of Remembrance.   The original 18th century mansion was retained and adapted to its present use being dedicated by the Bishop of Truro on 21st November 1956. Faced with growing cremation numbers the need to add a second Chapel and to extend the crematory became apparent in the 1970s and these extensions were completed and opened on 25th July 1978. It is now possible to allow two services to take place simultaneously, each Chapel being sited at opposite ends of the main building. During 1997 the crematory equipment was updated to include the latest advances in technology and to meet all requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

Penmount has a long and interesting history. The land upon which it stands was a part of the Doomsday Manor of Moresk until the year 1337 when, with the foundation of the Duchy, two parcels of land were named Penhellick Vean and Penhellick Mur. The latter became the Crematorium and the adjoining property has retained the name Penhellick to this day.

Search Directory

Featured Listings

Show more...
© copyright 2003-2016 | Remembrance Online | Developed by Dash Information Systems
Positive SSL